Connecting your WP website to TRANSLATIONS UNIVERSE
We are constantly looking for solutions that can determine a value for the company that decides to rely on us to translate content, whether online or offline. As a result of our experience, we are able to understand the needs of companies seeking development of their business in multiple languages.
Save time and money
Most of these companies are not prepared to allocate large budgets for professional translation services and often end up delegating company resources to this role. However, as well as committing the investment associated with the cost of a delegated corporate resource for this purpose, the result is not obvious in terms of the quality and effectiveness of the translated content.
For this purpose, we support a web-based tool for the purchase of our translation services that reduces time waste and financial investment.
In order to enhance our services, we have identified new software that allows us to further connect with the tools used by our clients to sell their products or present their companies online.
A Smart Company for Smart results
We have identified specific software that allows our customers to connect the main CMS system WordPress.
Through WPML we are now able to integrate with all the data coming from your CMS.
Connectivity to various applications, process automation and data synchronization are among the main requirements of today's customers. These strengths will become increasingly critical over time.
How to integrate WPML
To send the content for translation in Translations Universe, please ensure that you have the following plugins installed on your website:
- WPML Multilingual CMS – the core plugin
- WPML Translation Management – this plugin will allow you to connect to Translations Universe
- WPML String Translation – this plugin will allow you to translate interface strings
Translations Universe will be visible at the WPML > Translation Management > Translation Services tab, which is available only after the WPML registration. The entire process only takes a few seconds.
To connect WPML to Translations Universe, all you need is your API Credentials.
Go to WPML -> Translation Management to select your translation method. Click the button Yes, show me the available translation services.
Find Translations Universe on the list of translation services and click Activate.
In the next screen, select whether you already have a Translations Universe account or need to register.
If you have an account, click Yes, I already have an account and enter your token on the following screen.
Create your account on Translations Universe
If you already have an account, you can move on to the next step.
Locate the access link (top right corner of the page)
At the bottom of the login form, click on the link Don't have an account yet?
Once you have your API Credentials, go to the Translation Services tab on the WPML -> Translation Management page. There, enter your API Credentials to authenticate Translations Universe.
Congratulations! Your Translations Universe account is now connected to your WordPress website.
Sending content for translation
Now, you are ready to send content for translation. For detailed steps, please visit our dedicated documentation page.
Receiving a quotation and authorizing your translation
The final setups of your project need to be confirmed directly in Translations Universe. To do that, click the Translation Jobs tab at the top of the page and click the batch name to open the list of new project requests in Translations Universe.
Receiving completed translations
As soon as a translation job is finished by Translations Universe, it will be ready to be delivered to your website.
Depending on your configuration, translations will be delivered automatically or can be manually fetched from your WordPress admin panel.
To check your configuration, go to WPML -> Settings, locate the Translation Pickup mode section and verify the selected option.
When automatic delivery is selected, translations will be delivered to your website automatically as soon as they are complete. At any time, you can check the status of translation jobs.
If you choose the option to fetch translation manually, you can download completed translations from the WPML -> Translation Management page. Click the Check status and get translations button at the top of the page.
Cancelling translation jobs
If for any reason, you want to cancel the translation of the pages sent from WPML to Translations Universe, bear in mind that:
- You cannot manually delete or cancel jobs from the Translation Jobs tab on your website.
- The project can be cancelled only by Translations Universe. To do this, please contact Translations Universe directly.
Depending on your Translation Pickup mode configuration, the cancellation request can be sent to your website automatically through XML-RPC. Otherwise, you must click the Check status and get translations button on the Translation Dashboard tab to refresh the status and see the changes.
As a result, WPML will remove all cancelled jobs from the Translation Jobs tab.
In a nutshell
- 1. Go to the WPML Translation Management > Translation panel.
- 2. Choose the content you want to translate. The content is separated by type - Page, Mail Block and All types. You can switch from one type to another using the drop-down menu in the filters section.
- 3. Choose the languages you need by choosing "Translate" next to the language name or "No action" if you don't need the language.
- 4. Click Add selected content to translation cart.
- 5. Once the Translation Cart tab appears (it will start blinking), select it. There you can review the content you want to translate and delete items you may have added by mistake. Then choose a name for the project you want to create (or use the default one), give a deadline and make sure Translations Universe is the selected translator for all language pairs. Then click Submit all elements for translation.
- 6. We will receive the content to be translated on our dashboard, translate it and send it back to your WPML translation manager for approval.